Lillevilla Getaway Cabin Kit
This cabin kit, sold on Amazon, makes this little cabin with a wide front porch. The kit includes nearly everything; the pre-hung and glazed door and windows, pre- assembled gables and all the nails, screws and other fixings. It even includes the handles and door lock!
The dimensions are a little confusing. The manufacturer’s website gives different dimensions from Amazon. It is either 244 or 292 square feet plus the loft. 292 square feet seems accurate. I think 244 is a typo. Either one is bigger than a lot of tiny houses.
Solid Tongue and Groove Nordic Spruce
The cabin is made of solid wood, durable, dense grain and slow grown Nordic Spruce. It is ready to be assembled tongue in groove, like a log cabin. I’ve seen something similar at campgrounds. Lillevilla recommends using this as a Fitness Room, Music Studio, Guest House, Home, Hunting Cabin, Lake House, Retail Kiosk or Service Building.
There is no foundation, electric, plumbing or insulation. You’d have to figure all of that out if you are going to live here. The interior and exterior are unfinished. The Nordic Spruce planks are natural, not stained or painted. It can be left as it is or stained, painted, or varnished. It is a solid wall, but it could be insulated, then drywalled or finished with beadboard.
The Lillevilla Getaway Cabin has a large 16′ x 9′ 8″ front room with French doors, two 35″ x 46 7/8″ windows and a vaulted ceiling.
Two small 8′ x 8′ 7″ rooms are in back. Each has an interior door and a 35″ x 46 7/8″ window.
The loft over them is 16′ x 8′ 7″ with a 4’ 7” ceiling at the highest. It has a single 25 3/16″ x 25 3/16″ square window.
The photo above shows the loft. The walls have been left un-finished. The electric is run using conduit. (Bare bulb fixtures won’t pass inspection here.)
The Lillevilla Getaway Cabin Kit is big enough to require permits, at least where we live.
The manufacturer says the cabin is easy to assemble. The kit includes step-by-step directions that should take two adults two or three days to complete. Or, Allwood Industrials has regional distributors who can provide someone to build the cabin for you.
The Lillevilla range is designed for quick and easy assembly. The cabins are supplied with all fixings needed for installation. Full instructions are provided along with a detailed parts list. Around 80% of our customers build their cabin themselves.
There is one large room in front and two smaller 8′ x 8′ 7″ rooms in back. Perhaps one could be a bathroom and the other could be a kitchen? The loft is 4’ 7” tall at the center. It could certainly be the bedroom. You could even buy two and connect them with a breezeway or dog trot.
Basic Assembly Instructions
- No foundation is included.
Cabins are provided with treated foundation beams.
A moisture barrier (not included) should be placed between the foundation and the beams.
- The accurately machined logs create a perfect fit which enables quick installation of the wall logs.
- Windows and doors are already installed to the frames meaning no adjustments are needed on site. The windows and doors are designed to be dropped into place once the required number of logs is reached.
- Pre-assembled gables (including notches for the roof purlins), are installed. Storm rods or corner bolts, depending on the model, can now be installed and tightened by hand.
- Next the roof boards are installed beginning from the front of the cabin. The chosen roofing material can now be fitted and fascia boards installed.
- The flooring can now be laid starting from the front of the cabin. Skirtings put the final touches to the floor.
- The terrace parapets are installed and the decking is fixed. The cabin is now ready for treatment!
In the assembly manual you will find more detailed information on assembling your cabin.
Included in the Lillevilla Getaway Cabin Kit
A Lillevilla cabin kit is a complete package containing the materials needed to make a superb building, from logs to roofing felt, all pre-prepared and ready for assembly:
- Timber Joists
- Wall logs
- Floorboards, 3/4″ T&G wood flooring
- Ready-made doors, glazed and fitted to the frames
- Pre-assembled gables
- Roof boards
- Pre-cut boards and battens
- Corner fillets and wall-battens
- Roofng: type according to the model
- All needed screws, nuts & bolts, nails and hinges
- Comprehensive assembly instructions
This is what the manufacturer says:
- Wall thickness: 1-3/4 (44 mm) T&G
- Overall Inside Size: 16’3” x 18’7”
- Room: (2x) 8’ x 8’7”
- Room: 16’ x 9’8”
- Inside Floor Area: 292 Sqf
- Outside Size: 16’5” x 18’8”
- Overall Outside Size: 19’8” x 23’8”
- Height overall: 12’4”
- Height of the wall: 7’9”
- French door T2: 66-15/16” x 77-15/16”
- Interior Doors U & U2: 31-1/2” x 77-15/16”
- Window C: (4x) 35” x 46-7/8”
- Window A: 25-3/16” x 25-3/16”
This is what it says on Amazon, not exactly the same.
Allwood Kit Cabin Getaway (Getaway cabin kit) on Amazon >
Price: $18,800.00 & FREE Shipping
- Inside Combined Floor Area: 244 Square Feet, including the Loft
- Wall thickness: 1-3/4″ (44 mm)
- Dual T&G Windblock pattern
- Ridge Height: 12′ 8″
- Back wall height: 8″
- Kit weight 7300 lbs
- Exterior (2): 62-1/8” x 76-1/8”
- Interior (1): 32-1/2” x 76-1/8”
- Front: 36” x 36”
- Back: 54-1/8″ x 36″
Left: 27-5/8″ x 46-7/8″
- Right: 21-3/4″ x 68″
Lillevilla is one of the best-selling kit cabin brands in the world and now it is available in the U.S. Made in Finland and Germany with high quality craftsmanship, design and material, Lillevilla is the market leader in several countries. The cabins are made from Certified finest Nordic Spruce. They are easy to assemble and backed by customer service every step of the way. These distinctive cottages can be stained, painted, and varnished according to your taste and interests.
Allwood Industrials is an importer/wholesaler and contract manufacturer of wood products. They ship from Garfield, NJ.
Palmako Canopy Roof Extension Kit
Palmako makes a Canopy Roof Extension Kit to add storage on the side or back of your cabin. It is made to be easy to set up (or take apart if you move). It matches with the wall planks of any Allwood or Lillevilla cabin model.