This Tiny House is Bigger on the Inside
Look what we saw when we toured a Tiny House Neighborhood!
They must be Doctor Who fans. They painted the hardie board siding Tardis Blue, the same color as a Police Public Call Box.
The trim is white. Great contrast.
British Call Box Blue with Bright White Trim
Trivia: What were real Police Call Boxes made of? (Answer at the bottom of the page)
Trivia: Who owns the copyright to the police box? (Answer at the bottom of the page)
Trivia: What was in a Police Public Call Box? (Answer at the bottom of the page)
Check out the front door! It has the same sign as the Tardis!
Trivia: How many Police Public Call Boxes were there? (Answer at the bottom of the page)
Trivia: What TV Show did the Tardis start out in? (Answer at the bottom of the page)
Trivia: What did the light do? (Answer at the bottom of the page)
POLICE PUBLIC CALL BOX
FOR USE OF
ADVICE & ASSISTANCE
OFFICER & CARS
RESPOND TO ALL CALLS
PULL TO OPEN
Did You Know
- British Police Boxes were made out of concrete.
- They were a miniature police station.
- The police box had a telephone to talk directly to a police station.
- The light on top flashed when the telephone was in use, so the closest officer could see it and respond.
- London had almost 700 blue police boxes in 1963 when Doctor Who was first on TV.
- The TARDIS (Time and Relative Dimension in Space) was camouflaged. It would not have been obvious as a police box, with them so common.
- The blue box was built for the Doctor Who show. It was not a prop left over in the warehouse.
- BBC, not the Police, owns the copyright to the police box.