Garage is Framed, Sheathing Begins
It was beautiful over the weekend. Cliff got the field mowed and started clearing some of the brush. He treats the mower like it is a bush hog.
We found more golf balls. Someone used to use this field as a driving range. I think we are up to a dozen found balls now.
This guy showed up to check the plans, preparing to build the garage.
The weather has been rainy all week, but they are making progress!
The garage is framed now.
The sheathing, wrap and lumber for the porches and carport has been delivered.
They framed the front for the porch.
At first they just put the sheathing on all the walls, even over where the windows will be.
They have started putting on the OSB sheathing.
Georgia-Pacific Blue Ribbon® OSB Sheathing
Blue Ribbon® OSB sheathing panels contain no core voids, knots or splits and provide a quality base layer for wall and roof sheathing applications.
Lifetime Limited Warranty (111KB/3pgs)
- Span and exposure rated sheathing
- Provides dimensional stability and stiffness
- Edge seal helps prevent moisture intrusion
- Versatile: Available in 9’ and 10’ lengths
One sheet was blue. Weird.
Then I saw that all the outsides are blue. Maybe it is to treat the outsides for water? Maybe it’s just branding. The top sheet in every package is blue.
We noticed the flooring is AdvanTech, made by Huber, the same company that makes the ZIP system. It comes pre-marked so they know exactly where to drive the nails.
Build with AdvanTech® flooring for award-winning performance you can rely on. Specifically engineered to combine industry-leading strength, superior moisture resistance and installation ease, AdvanTech flooring is the FLAT OUT BEST™ for a quiet, stiff floor.
Total performance in one panel:
- High density engineered wood for industry leading strength and stiffness
- Advanced moisture resistant resin technology applied through the panel
- Superb fastener-holding power helps keep floors flat and quiet
- Patented fastening guide for easier installation
- Precisely milled and extremely durable tongue and groove profile for easy installation
- Ranked #1 in quality every year for more than a decade
- Backed by the reputation of Huber Engineered WoodsWith an industry-leading warranty and unmatched 500-day no-sanding guarantee, AdvanTech® flooring is the flooring panel that more builders trust. It’s engineered for superior strength, moisture resistance and quality so you can build the quiet, stiff floor your homeowners demand. Build with the award-winning industry-leader and rest assured you’ll get the most from your floors and everything you build on top of them.
They finished framing the top of the front porch. This is where the front porch will be.
Chuck, the contractor, came out and marked all the doors and windows.
Power for all the important power tools, including the speaker for the iPhone.
They will have a crane next week to put on the trusses. So exciting!